Road Trip | Genting Highlands


DESTINATION : GENTING HIGHLANDS, PAHANG
Travel period : 050812-060812

I was only tagging along Saam for his company dinner. hence, it was another Genting Highlands food hunt although it could hardly lit up any gastronomical spark. for lunch, we stopped by at Ampang in effort to search for de best Yong Tau Foo. 

#1   Ampang Yong Tau Foo @ Foong Foong Restaurant, Jln Besar Ampang.

seriously, I find de traffic is very congested here (urghh..). there isn't a designated parking place and many just choose to park at de roadside. not to find fault but there are also a few Yong Tau Foo restaurants located adjacent to each other. needless to say, service is on a fast track too: wait, order, eat and go.


you just have to wait patiently for your seat.
people just couldn't be bothered.

you have to place your order at de counter without any menu. for a first timer it may be a little at lost because you don't really know what is available. basically you just need to tell them how many person, your preferrence and then they will decide for you.

Yong Tau Foo- 
a variety of stuff ingredients   RM0.90 per piece
but they don't really give me de kick.

Fried stuffs- 
Deep Fried Dumplings and Crispy Rolls.
I kinda like de fried dumplings when others were pretty forgettable.

if you are asking me whether this place serve de best Yong Tau Foo that I have ever taste in my life? I would probably answer NO. or maybe I have missed out something here.


#2   Nyonya Colours @ First World Plaza, Genting Highlands.

we chose not to go for de breakfast buffet as offered by de hotel. and knowing that there is nothing impressive in Genting despite at a more expensive price for food, we chose to dine in a place that we are familiar with (again).

Mee Siam and Nasi Lemak.
Mee Siam I love de most.

Raddish Cake.

Cucuk Udang.
chew and bite properly or else you'll get choked.
not recommended for de elderly.

Half-boiled Eggs & Bread.
breakfast must-have.



#3   Ze Yuan Restaurant (泽源) @ Gohtong Jaya, Genting Highlands.

we randomly chose this place for lunch before heading back to KL.

Crispy Fried Pork Belly   RM15
deep fried thin sliced of pork belly coated with caramelized sauce. 
sweet and crunchy piece.

Stir Fried Vegetables   RM6
too bad only few of de common vegetables are available at de moment.

Deep Fried Salted Egg Squid Tentacles   RM12
appetizing and yummy.
first time in my life I saw such huge giant squid tentacles. 
think of your cholesterol level on de other day please (oops).



food wise, I prefer this place over Restoran Makanan Laut (for my last visit to Genting please click here). remember to keep Gohtong Jaya at last meal before heading back to home =)

END

Comments