Kampachi | Pavilion KL


I was utterly delighted when de boy invited me to have dinner in Kampachi tonight with no obvious reason (as usual).

Sencha Kikukawa   RM18
we ordered green tea which came in a pot for two. it was something different although it didn't seem to be price friendly. love it!

Shake Kawa Salad   RM25
(green vegetables with salmon skin & salmon roe)
as simple as it looks, this salad definitely made our day. salmon skin was crispy upon chewing, accompanied with a salad dressing which had a slightly sour taste tailored for perfection.

California Temaki   RM12
Soft Shell Crab Temaki   RM14
I think they were quite petty with de ingredients.. hrmph!

Chicken Teriyaki  RM35
tasted just like any other ordinary chicken teriyaki. 

Kamo Soba   RM32
(duck soba) 
I was hoping their soba noodles would change my perception as I didn't really favour soba nor udon to be honest. however, to my surprise de soba was quite "powdery". and no it was nothing more superior even for Kampachi.

Unagi Kamameshi   RM50 
upon serving, we have to wait for 7 minutes. and that 7 minutes was indeed a waste of time or rather it was more like 7 minutes leading to disappointment. I find this dish so-so only.

 Abekawa Mochi   RM16
soft enough, de roasted sweet peanut was sprinkled in abundance onto de sticky warm mochi upon serving. yummy!recommended

 Macha Ice Special   RM18
(with dango, red bean paste and strawberries)
red bean paste was perfect- recommended

pricing on de high side (maybe slightly overpriced I would say), food at Kampachi was satisfactory for de first try- good but not great. perhaps sashimi is a better option for next visit but then we shall wait until when our wallet is full =P

END

Comments