Menya Musashi 麺屋武蔵 | Isetan Eat Paradise, 1 Utama Shopping Centre


many of you might have heard and even been to this Japanese Samurai themed restaurant, but believed me this is my first time.


we had to place our order and pay immediately at de counter before we were seated. just like Ippudo, you'll be greeted cheerfully by de staffs from de kitchen at all time (hopefully not adding flavours to your ramen =P). there are three unique flavours (oils) available: Shiro (onion flavoured oil), Kuro (special oil combined with fried shallots and garlic oil), and Aka Musashi (home made Musashi chilli oil) symbolize by colours of white, black and red respectively. we did not try de one with chilli oil but opted for de other two. extra condiments such as fried garlic and chilli flakes are available at own preference.

Shiro Teriyaki Gohan (Set)   RM35
love its salad dressing as it was very appetizing. de mini teriyaki pork rice was equally good too. many were saying that Menya has de best soup with strong flavour but unfortunately, it’s also one of de most oily. yes, we knew and that's why we both prefer Shiro over Kuro. their springy ramen texture aka yellow mee is also my favourite (I personally think that it is better than Ippudo's wanton mee-like ramen). chashu, on de other hand, although not de type that will "melt" in your mouth, but I did enjoy tearing de large piece of meat like a tiger. roar! 

 Kuro Musashi Ramen   RM26
oily broth tends to induce a satiated feeling towards de end although de dark soup base is to enhance de fragrant of de ramen. I felt like taking more sips of de soup but I just couldn't. de spring egg somehow doesn't really bring out de kick effect. I would prefer de yolk to be more wobbly and runny at de centre. I felt I could just produce something similar at home.. haha. but overall, I think it is still okay.


besides serving ramen with soup, Menya Musashi also served dry version of ramen. seriously, I can't wait for my second visit.. whoosh whooooosh.

END

Comments