Acme Bar & Coffee (ABC) | The Troika, KL


I agree that it has a unique and relaxed dining atmosphere, but immediately it came with a bad impression of "they are in a mess with table arrangement" when I reached 15 minutes earlier and told them about my reservation. I was told to wait for de table as it wasn't ready but I told them I have friends who have arrived earlier. staff A, looking confused and asked staff B. staff B replied with "oh ya some of her friends are here" and then people just silently walked away. we were left unattended but soon I found out my friends were seated at de bar counter (maybe by staff ABC) while waiting for de table to be ready. we actually took de initiative to remind de staff a few times to inform us when de table was ready to ensure that we were not neglected. 

(from left)
Flat White RM15
Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow RM15 (additional RM2 for marshmallow)
I'm not a coffee expert so I kinda judge a coffee based on its appearance. charging at a slightly higher price compared to other coffee place, it was a nay for its unflattering coffee art and also its coarse biscotti. flat white was slightly sourish though. hot chocolate wasn't too chocolatey perhaps it was diluted by de addition of marshmallow (does it even exist?).

Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow | Acme Bar & Coffee- sources from Instagram.
these were recent pictures shared in Instagram approximately a week till a month ago- pretty awesome huh?
when de hot chocolate was served, I reminded de waiter that I've ordered Hot Chocolate with Marshmallow but I was told that de marshmallow(s) was already added in my hot chocolate. I am kinda boiling to blog about it right now. try searching #acmebar, #acmebarcoffee or something similar to compare. oh crap, did marshmallow increase price lately?

Grilled "Bacon" (duck bacon) wrapped Snails   RM25 
(served with coco beans and parsley garlic sauce)
I would expect dish that served in "pots and pans" to be piping hot (unless for decorative purposes) but to my disappointment it turned out to be warm only upon serving. de dish cooled quickly to room temperature which wasn't really pleasant. if compared to de dining experience from others, you may notice there is a price hike and a reduction in snail servings. I have 9 in my pan, how about you?

Scallop Truffle Aglio Olio   RM43
I'm quite happy with this pan-seared scallop with angel hair in truffle aglio olio. it was worth paying for a serving of five medium-sized freshly taste scallops.

Grilled Marinated Lamb Shoulder   RM43
with de special ABC's kitchen recipe kicap manis marinade, de lamb shoulder was another great choice although some were over-charred at de edge. it was a turn off for it to be served on top of a bed of green peas but to be on de optimistic side de peas were kinda fresh when taste. I like de hand-cut fries but de accompanied condiments (garlic-spring onion blend) didn't seem to blend in.

de best service of de day was de bill would come to you not on request. I'm quite surprised as 17:45 was nowhere near to closing time (acme bar operates till late night). we wanted to order de famous sizzling brownies at first but since they were so eager to send us away so I guess we shall not try it forever.

hungry baby Jamie =P

group photo @ Acme Bar & Coffee.


Acme Bar was is rated as one of de famous cafes to try in KL but I personally think that it carries no wow factor that worth a return visit. I've been here anyway.

END

Comments